Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Undefined function 'Right' in expression. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kszacki

Programmer
Jun 21, 2001
PL
I get this kind of message while opening (for ex. design view) query which uses 'Right' function.
It the same with all 'string' functions.

I remember I had this problem with Access97.
But I forgot what should I do.
please help

Charles

Sorry... I forgot to tell... I am using Access 2000.

Go into a code window and click tools-->references. Look for an item that is MISSING: and replace it.

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

The References window refers to object libraries available to you. An object file is a file with an .olb extension. There are five objects that need to be referenced (checked) for use with Access. These are Visual Basic for Applications, Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library, Ole Automation, utility, and Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library. If any of these are unchecked, you need to check them. It might be necessary to have your Access 2000 installation CDs available.

Thanks Thanks Thanks :)
I was waiting 15 minutes for reply !!!

And now all works just fine...

... so I can start (tomorrow) my 11 day holiday (canoe trip) :)

thank YOU ALL good people

Charles
(POLAND)

Good luck. Don't turn over your canoe. Our Governer flipped his kayak recently. Big stink.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back