Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uncorrectable Error-Null Object Handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephHansen

Programmer
Dec 26, 2001
IN
Thought I solved this earlier but I guess not.

I have a tabbed table with 11 tabs. Because of the amount of data on it I have an autosave feature enabled (see below). When someone tabs through the fields, eventually, they get the red box saying that an uncorrectable error has been reached and Notes crashes on their computer, forcing them to reboot.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is this an application error or a system error? How do I stop this? Thanks so much.

AutoSave:

(Declarations)-
Dim elapsedTime As Integer
Dim elapsedTimer As NotesTimer

Postopen-
Sub Postopen(Source As Notesuidocument)
Set elapsedTimer = New NotesTimer(1, _
"Elapsed time since opening document")
elapsedTime = 0
On Event Alarm From elapsedTimer Call elapsedTimerHandler
End Sub

elapsedTimerHandler-
Sub elapsedTimerHandler(Source As NotesTimer)
elapsedTime = elapsedTime + 1
Print elapsedTime

If elapsedTime = 30 Then 'saves the document every 30 seconds
Print "Saving document... "
elapsedTime = 0
Dim Workspace As New NotesUIWorkspace
Dim UIDoc As NotesUIDocument
Set UIDoc = Workspace.CurrentDocument
Call UIDoc.Save
End If
End Sub Stephanie Nicholas
Software Engineer
NetSetGo, Inc.

Happened to come across this while looking for something.
Don't know if you are still having the problem, but I think it's because your alarm events are building up during the save option.

There are two things you should do....

1. Disable the event when handling the routine ( Source.Enabled = False ) and then set it back to true when you've finished. The event is still triggered every second while the Save is running creating a queue which builds up and up until - bang!

2. This is not necessary, but instead of having a count, do this Set elapsedTimer = New NotesTimer(30, "Elapsed time since opening document"). The event will be called once every 30 seconds reducing the number of events your machine has to handle and making your code more efficient as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back