Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unbound Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancieFL

Technical User
Mar 3, 2003
US
I am a newbie to Access, but have used other database products. I am attempting to create a set of forms that will accept 2 chars of input that will be used in my form attached query to filter on the left 2 chars of a column. I created an unbound textbox, but access is not accepting data entry (the keyboard appears disabled). How can I populate my "Initials_In" unbound column? I did set my where clause to use [Forms]![form name]![Initials_In], which should us the value if it ever gets populated.

Thanks,
Francie

Possibly your Query isn't updateable. Post the SQL for the Query and all the code behind one of your Forms and Sub Form (If any).

Bill

The query is:

SELECT Max([Customer_Code]) AS ['Last Code Used'], Left(Max([Customer_Code]),2) AS ['Initials'], Right(Max([Customer_Code]),6) AS ['Last Number']
FROM [Customer Master]
WHERE (((Left([Customer_Code],2))=Forms!NewCustomerInput!Initials_In));

I have an unbound column which has a "Name" of Initials_In and a data source of null. In design view the column displays "unbound". There is a command button that runs the above query. The query does run when I click the button. I can't, however, seem to be able to populate the unbound column.

I don't have any source behind the form yet. This is only the first part of the form I need to create. My plan is to use the result of the above select to populate the second part of the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back