Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unbelieveably HUGE Fonts on Certain Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleodr

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
US
Have a client with new Dell, XP SP2 Pro, IE 6.0.29 and a strange browser problem. When navigating to msn.com, the font size goes nuts. Letters overlap and are HUGE. Totally unreadable. Go to other pages without any problem. I've cleared everything I can think of to clear; cookies, history, etc.

I think I saw this once upon a time right after XP came out, but can't remember a solution.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Control Panel, Accesibility Options, Display, uncheck (if checked) the High contrast option.

Then in IE, Tools, Internet Options, Accessibility button (at the bottom right) uncheck everything.

Reboot and test.

bcastner,

Sorry about taking so long to get back, but client just got back in town. Turns out she had activated high contrast. Turned it off. Problem solved!!

Thanks for your help.

Rob

You are very welcome.
It is a relatively obscure setting in the interface, but it causes exactly the issue you raised.

Glad you got it sorted.
Bill Castner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back