Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unavailiable function in M$ Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyMonkey

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2002
GB
This is strange little thang has been bugging me...

Having built an application in Access 97 for distribution to several users (running the program on both 95 and NT workstaion), i find that some problems are occurring on users machines while not appearing on mine (Access 97 on NT w'station).

To cut to the chase, the problem seems to stem from the fact that Access on the users machine cannot recognise any date function in an expression in a query, form or report.
When I try to run an invoice query based on dates, a message box appears saying "function isnt available in expressions in query expression 'Format([datDateInvoiced],"m")', and the query cannot run. Even something as simple as "Date()" is not recognised!

Of course, the help option accessible through the message box is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Is it the application itself, the PC, Setup, or operating system?

Any ideas what the issue is here?

Thanks to the good folks who may be able to assist...

Open VBA code, select Tools/References and uncheck any unused libraries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back