Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unavailable Functions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RADM

Programmer
Dec 27, 2003
IT
Hi,

I've a Access 2000 database and in which i've used Right Function and Format function in one of the queries. It was working fine since many years and recently it started showing problems. Whenever i am opening that query, it shows, "Function is not available in expressions and query expressions....Format(Right([tablename].[fieldname]),3),"000")"

I am using Microsoft Access 2000 on Windows 2000 Profressional. This database is working fine with other pc's. Please kindly help me to solve this issue.

Rgs,

RADM

Are any of your reference libraries missing?

Patricularly the reference for [blue]Visual Basic for Applications[/blue]!

Don't know yet but you may have to reinstall on that machine . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

hi,

There are no missing referrences...and i reinstalled access too. but stilll same...

Rgs,

RADM

Hi

I had an almost identical problem a while ago. When I compared references, I found the machine where the database didn't work had an extra reference ticked on it, when I unticked that everything worked fine. I'm afraid I can't remember which it was.

Rosie
"Don't try to improve one thing by 100%, try to improve 100 things by 1%

RADM . . .

Can you [blue]execute the functions in VBA?[/blue] . . . just perform a simple test to see if they work at all . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

For example,
vba.Format("123","#.00")

Hi,

I got it. As i read reply from Rosie, i just unchecked all the references and again checked the same references again. Now it is working well. Thanks Rosie.

Rgs,

RADM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back