Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unassigned #s-How do they know where to go? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

imdue

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2007
US
We have 3 small locations (all w/out consoles-using 6400 series phones & expansion modules) and all 3 are international...when we call an unassigned # in those offices, we are getting different things-London will get dead air and Shanghai will hear a recording from the local provider that # is invalid. Once we set up the ext., it rings in. Can't we set this up so all #s ring into the main line? It works that way in the U.S., but we have consoles and LDNs...if that matters.

'disp sys feat' page 1.

DID/Tie/ISDN Intercept Treatment: attd

Or you can change the trunk group form for pre CM3.0

INCOMING CALL HANDLING TREATMENT

Or for CM3.0 and greater

'cha inc trunk X'.

It is set to attd; however, they do not have "attendants"...they have just plain old 6400 phones w/the main # bridged on them...or routing to them. I saw the incoming call handling treatment...and noticed in one location it is set up as this:

public-ntwrk 8 61378187 all 8187 cpn-only
public-ntwrk 8 61378198 all 8187 cpn-only
public-ntwrk 8 6137 all 8188 cpn-only
public-ntwrk 8 6133 4 cpn-only

The last line is the group of DIDs - is it set up correctly?

for did, called len is number of digits sent by telco
then how many to delete etc..

Code:
 Service/       Called    Called        Del  Insert           Per Call  Night
 Feature         Len      Number                              CPN/BN    Serv
 public-ntwrk     4   2350              4    6723             bn-only
 public-ntwrk     4   2351              4    5123             bn-only
 public-ntwrk     4   2352              4    5176             bn-only
 public-ntwrk     4   2344              4    5450             bn-only
 public-ntwrk     4   2345              4    5930             bn-only

so you define all of the assigned did's and route them. for the unassigned... lets say you get 4 digits from telco, and the all start with a 2, and you want them to goto 5100
it would look like

Code:
 Service/       Called    Called        Del  Insert           Per Call  Night
 Feature         Len      Number                              CPN/BN    Serv
  public-ntwrk     4   2                 4    5100             bn-only

so it is saying, get 4 digits, start with 2, delete the 4 digits, and insert 5100

it should not override the the did's that are specifically defined...

the cpn/bn is
bn-only send billing # only
bn-pref send billing #, if not avail send name
cpn-only send name only
cpn-pref send name, if not avail send number
none

hope that helps

Zen216, that incomming call handling treatment you show will convert ALL 4-digit inbound numbers that are in the range of 2XXX to "5100"

mitch

yes,, but the ones that are specifically defined,, in the first clip, will goto my specific extensions as well,,,
we got 100 did's 2350-2449, and we only have about 20 assigned,, the rest goto our main incoming vdn,,,,

oops,, just took a quick look,, our did range is 2344 - 2443

Still not working. Our current setup has the main # bridged on a phone of a receptionist and the office administrator. Would it make sense to create a VDN routing to one or the other and not have it bridged? How would that make a difference than the current setup?

taking a look at your inc-call,,,
public-ntwrk 8 6133 4 cpn-only

so you get 8#'s, 6133xxxx, and you delete 4 (xxxx), that would send the remaining calls to ext 6133...

if you sent to a vdn, you would then need to write a vector to send the calls where you want,,, it should not matter if it is a vdn/vector or a bridge (I don't think anyways, but I could be wrong)

6133 is the exchange in that location (Shanghai)...not an extension.

so, for last entry then, try deleting 8, and insert extension of the attendant

No dice. Same response. I ran a trace and see that the switch is denying it - denial event 1166 - unassigned number.

This is a different switch that what I mentioned above.

12:48:17 dial 902070386687# route:ARS
12:48:17 term trunk-group 1 cid 0x19
12:48:17 dial 902070386687# route:ARS
12:48:17 route-pattern 1 preference 1 cid 0x19
12:48:17 seize trunk-group 1 member 30 cid 0x19
12:48:17 Calling Number & Name NO-CPNumber Annette Maher
12:48:17 Proceed trunk-group 1 member 30 cid 0x19
12:48:17 denial event 1166: Unassigned number D1=0x93a D2=0x101
12:48:17 idle trunk-group 1 member 30 cid 0x19
12:48:19 idle station 6661 cid 0x19

Here's the incoming call handling info:

Service/ Called Called Del Insert Per Call Night
Feature Len Number CPN/BN Serv
public-ntwrk 8 7038 8 6650 cpn-pref

is this trace from the station you are at? and are the number you are calling, 902070.... that one of the unassigned #'s?
do a trace on the trunk..
list trace tac xxx
and hit "enter" just before you press the last digit on your phone,,, that way it should capture the info for that call coming in from the outside, and we can see what the pbx is trying to do...

That is a trace on the trunk group...that is the London switch and they have to dial 0207038 (7038 is their "exchange"). The actual extension is 6687. I ran a trace on the same trunk group while they called an assigned extension and that call went through.

I'm kinda stumped... the only other thing I see on your first post,, is the ones that work, all have all for delete digits,,,
but that last line,,, do your extensions line up with your did's?.. so 02070386687 maps to extension 6687?
if so, then if you do a delete all, and insert attendant extension,,, all calls would go to attendant, and not to a DID, unless you defined the DID explicitly,,,,
if you had alot of DID's in use,, that could get tedious very fast, and I would probably leave it the way it was...

Update - it works now - it was getting to the right combination of #s. Note line # 2 - Here's my new setup:

Service/ Called Called Del Insert Per Call Night
Feature Len Number CPN/BN Serv
public-ntwrk 8 7038 8 6650 cpn-pref
public-ntwrk 4 6687 4 6650 cpn-pref

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back