Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to view website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klegy

Technical User
Oct 11, 2002
GB
We are unable to view our website in any browser and on any machine in our LAN. We have a server 2003 network with internet access via ADSL. All machines are connected to the LAN via a switch. A DSL504 router is also connected to the switch via one of it's LAN ports. The WAN port on the router has the connection to the ADSL line socket. I have DNS configured with AD on the server using our domain name
(atslondon.com). The website in question (londonimpact.com) was hosted on a fasthosts server but the name servers, which the website points to, have recently been renamed at the request of the web designer.
I get a timed out message when I try to ping 'a page cannot be displayed' in Internet Explorer when I try to open the page.
It's almost as if this page is totally restricted from any machine on our LAN. I can view the page without any problem on other networks I've tried, on my home computer and even from a dial up connection on a machine on the LAN (using a different ISP).
I have been in touch with our ISP (Nildram), with D-Link, with the website developer and all (in some cases without interest) point the problem at our network configuration. However I have done alot of DNS troubleshooting without success. I have no problem seeing any other websites.
Help!

is the web server sitting inside YOUR lan, and it passes outside via the firewall/router? or is the site hosted somewhere else?

if it is inside the firewall try pinging by its IP address and not the URL.

if it is hosted somewhere else, the external IP is 67.18.129.162, try and ping that number? any luck
if you can ping it by number i would say DNS issue

GL

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

--"WOW-- What a Ride!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back