Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to upload the files to FTP server

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindowsAdmin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2002
US
Hi,

I'm facing problem to upload the file to FTP server. When tried to upload the file from windows 2000 using internet explorer I gets the following message "594 You do not have the permission to change to this folder".
But I'm able to copy the same files from the same pc using command prompt. .The uploading is also possible on Windows 98 PC using internet explorer.
Can anybody help me out in finding why I'm not able to upload the files to FTP server from Windows 2000 PC using internet explorer?

Thanx in advance....

have you configured your FTP site not to use anonymous logon. When you said you tried copying via the command line, was it using an FTP session or via regular windows copy. It's quite possible you will need to pass your credentials in IE in order to be able to do this.

tried to copy means uploading using ftp from command prompt.
We have created the users for FTP and I'm using the same for uploading the files.

Okay, so at the command line you logon to the FTP server with a username/passwd. Are you passing these parameters (username/passwd) also when initiating ftp via the browser?

I can login via ftp username and password. After successfully logged in I cannot send the file, it says access denied...

Can you help me.. in this

Similiar problem

Ashish Smith

Please check the permissions on that perticular folder for that perticular user account on ftp server....in my case this solved my problem....

When in Explorer go to Tools, Internet OPtions. Go to the Advanced Tab. Where it says "use passive ftp (for firewall...)" change that setting and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back