Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to update public free/busy data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalberti

Programmer
Nov 14, 2000
IT
I'm receiving unable to update public free/busy data, whenever someone adds's a calendar item to their computer.
All user are screaming about the popup "unable to update public free/busy data".
Recently did a migration of exchange 2000 to a new server and old server crashed.
I took a ook to the MS Knowledge Base and I found the article:

us;184151

At the moment I'm not in front of my server but looking to the suggested workaround I'm asking myself how can I change replicas setting if my old server is crashed.
Is there a way to reset/recreate the "Schedule+ Free Busy Information" on the new server?

Luca

Not sure if this will help you but we managed to remove this problem by putting the correct DNS settings for the server. For some reason the PC's Outlook calendar was unable to talk to the Exchange server. Try changing your DNS settings to match you old server.

Hope this helps

S.

Which kind of DSN settings/entry do you refer to?

Luca

I refer to the DNS address for the server hosting Active Directory. I was assuming that your Exchange server was part of a domain and if so then it will be the DNS server for that domain.

S.

Hey this is exactly my issue too. I was told that sp4 coming out would fix this? not sure. I read that one reason for this is that the old server and its store is offline and this is why we get the error.

I right click on the server I want to remove and all it does is send a report to microsoft?

Have you figured anything out on this yet?

Dan Crandell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back