Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to update from version 6 to 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2004
US
I have a PIX506E that has version 6.3 and I want to upgrade to version 7.21. I got all the bin file and enter the monitor mode. However, for some reason, no matter what I do, my PIX will not get the files from my TFTP server. My PIX can ping the TFTP server but my TFTP server cannot ping my PIX. TFTP server's logs show that ACK blocked. Then I tried to change IP, computers, switch, different TFTP software, and ensure all ports on my computer is open, etc. I just cannot understand why my PIX cannot get the file from the TFTP server. Please help.

You can't upgrade the 506E to Version 7 at least that is what I read. You can do it on a 515E and so on.

thank you very much. I checked Cisco site and found this one out. But my Pix is ruined. Now it cannot boot to any OS. What can I do?
Thank you very much for your help anyway.

The device boots up but it cannot find any operating system.
Therefore, it keeps rebooting.
I can still go to monitor mode. I tried to load the old PIX6 bin file but I could not. The firewall will not take it. For some reasons, the firewall can ping the TFTP server but the TFTP server computer cannot ping the firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back