Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to transfer calls when ext in use

Status
Not open for further replies.

caidub

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
We just upgraded over the weekend from dr3 to dr5. We have star talk 2.0. For some reason, if someone is one their phone and we try to transfer a call to them (by feature 70 and pressing their autodial button) the display will say "cancel, retry join" -real fast and then say 258 hung up. Our vendor can not figure this out. They have been talking to Nortel who is unsure too. Now they are saying maybe the 2 are incompatible. ???? HELP!

Thanks in advance

Doing a feature 985 does bring up 258.

Good morning,

The Startalk (voicemail unit) you refer to, is it the big old unit, slightly larger than the KSU (main norstar cabinet)?

If it is, I notice a compatibility chart showing it must be at least 2.0.1A software to be compatible with 5.1 software

Rhodeo

I can transfer calls if they are on the phone but U only have like 1 second to hit join cause if I don't it says cancel, retry, then 258 hung up. Their's no way my receptionist can hit the button that fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back