Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to transfer calls when ext in use

Status
Not open for further replies.

caidub

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
We just upgraded over the weekend from dr3 to dr5. We have star talk 2.0. For some reason, if someone is one their phone and we try to transfer a call to them (by feature 70 and pressing their autodial button) the display will say "cancel, retry join" -real fast and then say 258 hung up. Our vendor can not figure this out. They have been talking to Nortel who is unsure too. Now they are saying maybe the 2 are incompatible. ???? HELP!

Thanks in advance

once you see the retry cancel join if you press join it should connect. You may also want to check under
General Admin
the capabilities
then under set abilities
check the fowarding and make sure fwd no answer is set up and also dnd on busy is set to no. You may need to check to make sure they have 2 intercom keys on there phone.

Good Luck
NOrstargirl M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

On that option their is no join. (only if they are off the phone). The other options you had mentioned are set up correctly. Any other thoughts?

Check the DR5 software NT number. The one on the PCMCIA card itself. According to the software capatibility chart put out by Nortel the software has to be NT5B24CH rls 4 or better or NT5B24DH rls 4 or better in order for the Flash to work at all.

But that shouldn't effect the straight transfer you are talking about.

What happens on the receiving station's end? Do they ever hear or see the call TRYING to come into their extension?

Have you tried doing the transfer by hitting Transfer then manually dialing the extension number? Maybe the problem is with the CAP module or Autodial button that they are using? MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

We tried transferring by dialing their ext and the same thing happens. The only time we see the word join is if they are not on the phone. Its the weirdest thing.

The # is NT5B25DK-93-U Modular 8X24 DR5.1

I know this was emntioned earlier but, are you sure they have two ICM's in the programming?
GatorDave

I'm pretty sure but how can I double check?

Okay, now you're taxing me with DR5 s/w. Lemme think about this.

Get into programming and go to Configuration - Show (Upper Right Button)
Next (Lower right button) till you see Line Access
Show
Next (until you see Intercom Buttons)
Show
Make sure it displays "2" - or however many you want.

If you only have one than the second call will get a busy signal (I think). Think of the multiple ICM buttons as multiple appearances of the same phone. So, if you have one ICM you have one phone, if you have two ICM's you have two phones. So, when you are transferred a 2nd call you can place the first on hold nad answer the second call or whatever it is you wish to have happen with that 2nd call.

Hope this helps and solves your problem.
If you need anything else, feel free to write.
GatorDave

Feature * * 266344, Password 266344
A. Configuration - Show (upper right button that has lit up on your phone.
1. trk/line data - Lower right button that has lit up on your phone.
2. Line access - Upper right
Show set: ___ - enter the extension number
Line assignment - Lower right until you see
Intercom keys: 2 - ensure that it says 2, or hit the change button in your display until it does. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

Or maybe we can do this the easy way...

Hit Feature*0 and start hitting buttons. When you hit the buttons the display will tell you what is programmed ont he button. The lower right button should be either Handsfree/Mute or an ICM button. The one above the ICM button should also be an ICM button. If it isn't then do the steps I posted above to fix it.Good luck!!!

GatorDave

Oh darn, they were set up correctly. Ext 258 is star talk voice mail. It shows HF answerback as N (no). Is this right? Just trying to find something different.

What about this. - Before we did the update under configuration and call handling, DRT to Prime was Yes and now its No.
Could that make a difference?

One other thing I noticed different. Under miscellaneous, cap assignment. before we had nothing, now we have 221. (thats our front desk extension).

nevermind on the cap assignment

DRT to prime really would not affect it. Regardless of the software level you should get the retry cancel and join when you are transferring - Are you using Feature 70 to transfer. Make sure your using that and not the feature 3 Believe it or not I have had this to happen before.
Norstargirl M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

try reseting your flash voicemail, if your display says "258 hung up" the Flash is getting the call then releasing it. Doesn't really make sense why, but you may even try resetting the KSU as well. Good Luck.

Is resetting by unplugging everything? I did that this morning and the receptionist phone & the cap module all flashed and came back w/the same problems. Or did I not reset all what you have said? Thanks.

No, that's exactly what I was talking about. Try unplugging your Startalk, then try transferring a call (with Startalk disconnected) see what you get? I'm just trying to figure why your getting "258 Hung Up".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back