Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Stop active Job 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

partypooper

Technical User
Sep 2, 2002
SE
I've got an active job that is NOT running at the moment and I seriously need to stop it... Its just 'hanging' and it is the daily backup job for one of our servers whichn is rescheduled daily.

I've tried stopping the job using the "STOP" button even stopping all services and restarting them... Nothing is working.
I dont particularly want to reboot the server but this bloody job that is hanging is not allowing for the new job to be rescheduled...

HELP

Hi
There are two possible versions to solve the problem. 1.) have a look at the task manager an see if there is asrunjob process running. If so kill it and after reboot the job is in "HOLD" status. 2.) If you have a newer version of AS then you have to go to the 00000001.qsd directory under ComputerAssociates directory and delete the 0000000x.job file and possibel .chk files. The "x" is the QueueID of the job. After exiting and reentering the manager the job should be gone. You have to reschedule a new job. For this error there is a patch to find at this link KR
Gery

One other thought that might work. If your job is stuck trying to backup another server through an agent, go to the other server and stop the agent service. The backup job should see the service stop, error out, and move on. This will allow the stop to work. Just remember to restart the agent on the other server.

Good luck,
DJ

Hey there guys,

Thanks a stack for the tips... I eventually got it working and found the problem to be the remote agent (thanks a mil DebiJo)

Curt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back