Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to start database engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzyb

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
First, I want to say thanks to all those who have the answers to these problems. I hope to get the the point to be able answer some myself! Here is my problem:
Running Windows 2000 & ARCserve 2000 /sp4.
In the process of trying to test and add the dbcheck utility to a batch file, I have lost the database engine. The jobengine and tapeengine and others start up ok, but I get an ARCserve
"Timeout while starting database engine"
error when trying to start the dbengine. The Arcserve.log shows
"E5201 Unable to create a Process object. (EC=BAD EXE FORMAT)".
The CA site say to check the ms_error_code but I dont see one. Any help would be appreciated.

Foland

Found the problem thanks to a reply from databasebaba in another thread! I turns out that I had to delete a file called 'Program' from the drive where ARCserve was installed. I had seen that posting before, but was mistakenly looking for a 'Folder' to delete instead of a file. My database engine is back up.

Thanks again to Databasebaba!

Foland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back