Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Share Outlook XP calendar with distribution lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpmullen

MIS
Jul 28, 2003
US
We have a distribution lists called dallas employees that contains all of our users in dallas. However, if you try to share your calendar with this distribution list, you get an error that says "The modified permissions could not be saved. The client operation failed." Has anybody encountered this? What type of group are you allowed to use in this instance?

This is probably more of an issue with your Exchange environment than anything else. What kind of Exchange servers are you running?

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Just a simple Exchange 2000 server integrated with Active Directory. One domain, two sites. Pretty simple, however, I did not build it, I replaced the admin who built it.

Plus, the Dallas Employees is a security group defined in AD. Does this matter? If so where do I create the list to be able to use it in Exchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back