Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to set up ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doswelk

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2001
GB
I am trying to setup the ADC between 5.5 SP4 and the 2000 domain.

When I run set 2 I get the following message:

"Warning: Either you do not have permission to view hidden objects in the Exchange 5.5 directory, or the directory is not Exchange 5.5 SP1 or later. Returned information may be inaccurate."

I have tried using the Exchange 5.5 service account for the ADC and the Administrator account neither work.

I am out of ideas.

Any suggestions?

Make sure the account you're using to install ADC is a member of Enterprise Admins and Schema Admins.

Brad

The account is a member of them both.

I don't know if this will make a difference but when i set mine up I put it on my global catalog server using my master admin account (which was a member of ALL accounts. Exchange admins, schema admins, etc.)

I did the same thing...ADC seems to work better (and MS recommends it) if you install on a GC server.
The account is a member of Enterprise and Schema admins...does it also have full Service Admin rights from the top level of your Exchange 5.5 org down?

The user account we used had full service admin rights from top level. Since we only have one domain and only a handful of it personel we use one admin account for everything.

Thank you everyone for your help.

I used the Administrator account and this resolved the problem!

Hi Folks,

I am experiencing the same problem. I am installing Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows 2003 server and setting it up in a new domain - let's call it NEWDOMAIN. I have set up a trust between this server and my old NT Server running Exchange 5.5.

I am logged in to my Win2003 server using the Administrator account and have tried to run the active directory connector and I get the following error:

Either you do not have permission to view hidden objects in the Exchange 5.5 directory, or the directory is not Exchange 5.5 SP1 or later. Returned information may be inaccurate.

The Administrator account is in all Exchange groups on the Win2003 server and in the Domain Admins group and Schema Admins group. Can anyone offer and suggestions.

Thanks

Mighty

Got it sorted. Just needed to give the NEWDOMAIN/Administrator permission on the Exchange 5.5 server.

Mighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back