Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to send email with larger size attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

vibestayo

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
US
Hi there. Our problem is we can't send an attachment that is about 4 mb is size. our system policy is set to 6 mb email attachment limit. thanks a lot.

You should add some more info to your post. You should have gotten a bounce-back Email from System Administrator with an error description at the bottom of the Email. Some possibilities are that the recipient cannot accept a 4MB attachment, or that their account is close enough to its limit that it cannot accept 4 more Megabytes.

If you did not get a bounce-back Email, then let us know what type of Email address it is (e.g. I have a Hotmail account whose total limit is only 2MB).

we received bounce back messages and the message states that the "recepients mailbox is either full or the system's policy doesn't allow such and such size of attachment. our attachment limit is 8 meg. and I can send attachment close to this size within in the same routing group. but we get a bounce back when we send to outside routing group. thanks again.

I've run into this so many times and the reason has always been that the recipient cannot accept the Email because their account is too small or too full. Have you tested the scenario with one of your own personal accounts?

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people - Mr. Garrison

The test account I am using has a 200 meg limit. Right now it is only half way full and yet it still can't receive an attachment that is below our attachment limit. thanks

Try to check in ur Exchange System Manager under Global Setting on mesage delivary and also your SMTP server message limits.

I know no voice, I knew nothing about systems,
i know NUTS on networking, Therefore I dont know anything!
-----------------------------------
©2003,2004 SCHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back