Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to send email from Kodak Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

artheim

Programmer
Jan 15, 2003
US
I am using Windows Live Mail with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and trying to send a scanned image from the Kodak scanner. I get an error indicating there is no default email setup (there is) and then another error indicating wldlog.dll is missing and Live Mail does not start. The dll is in the shared folder for Live Mail.

If I manually attach the image to an email using Live Mail, it works okay. If I unstall Outlook 2007 and set it as the default email program, all works too. Kodak tech support states it is a Microsoft problem, but what? In looking at forums for the missing wldlog.dll, there are several and most indicate it is necessary to manually copy that file to a different folder ?? I question that suggestion, and did not try that.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks

What is your Default E-mail program? Are all the defaults set for this program in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs

See if these Registry entries mention your E-mail program.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail

Win7 Live Mail not recognised as default mailto by other programs

If you use your browser to send an E-mail does that recognize and open Windows Live Mail? In IE you click on File/ Send/ Page by E-mail.

In looking at forums for the missing wldlog.dll, there are several and most indicate it is necessary to manually copy that file to a different folder ?? I question that suggestion, and did not try that.

So why not give that a try? If you don't know the answer, and the easy one is right there, why not give it a shot? Worst thing will happen is that it won't work, so you go back and delete your copy.

Or am I missing something here?

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

kjv1611:
My thinking here is that if the module is in the shared folder, for Windows Live, it would not need to also be in the Mail subfolder and putting it there would only be hiding the real problem if it worked. I already have a circumvention, that is to send the scanned image/document as a file and manually attach it to the email, which works.

linney:
I will not be able to check out your suggestions before tomorrow. I suspect one or more of the fields in the registry are not set or are set incorrectly.

With Live mail you need to setup a skydrive account to do what you are trying to do. This is an update that was done with windows live mail (big pain in the a** and should have an opt out option).The work around is exactly what you are doing save the file and attach it just like you are doing. I doubt it has anything to do with the error you are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back