Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to send email from inside MS Word and Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanie

Programmer
Jan 20, 2000
US
Hello everyone,

*Using MS OFFICE Outlook, Excel, and Word 2003 SP2.

I've had this problem awhile now, but can't see how to fix it. I create the document (Word or Excel), save it, then click File, Send To, Mail recipiant (as attachment), and the lovely Outlook window opens, with the document attached.

However, when I click the send button the document just sits there and won't move! At this time I have to close word document, and go into Outlook, open a new message, search for and find the document, attach it, and send from their.Quite annoying.

Would one of you guru's know how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

Lanie

sometimes takes multiple clicks for me to send a file from inside the app - have you tried just clicking the 'send' button a couple of times ???

xlbo,
I just tried it 26 times, and it still won't budge. :(

Lanie

From Internet Explorer, choose Tools > Internet options, and select the Programs tab. Make sure that Outlook is listed as you email program.

Sawedoff

sawedoff,
Yup, it set correctly. :(

Lanie

Try opening Outlook, going to Help menu and select the Detect and Repair option. This will run Office Setup and reregister all Office components in Windows.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back