Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to send & recv mails using Outlook express, Can't use FT, teln

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaustubh

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2001
US
Hi,

Advance thanks,

I got installed Win 2K Profession, NT workstation, Nt server and windows 95 & 98 installed.

It's all in LAN and getting on to internet through Proxy.

When i configured the Netscape for to recv and send mails, it's working and the same thing is not working when i installed Outlook express. i need to install outlook express beco's everyone has couple of mail accounts. In which case outlook express only can be configured.

Pl do help me to come out of the problem.

The another problem is, i am unable to browse internet when i use my dial up connections from particular boxes but form some boxes i am able to browse. Thru lan and proxy i am able to browse from my all boxes. The dial up we keep for redundency purpose. Even I am unable to ping and FTP from LAN, IS it due to Proxy, if so pl let me know where to change cofigurtions on Proxy server. Pl help.

i am unable to ping, telnet, FTP due to proxy ...

thanks,

kaustubh

Microsoft MS proxy ver 2.0 . I am able to ping to LAN and second NIC card in the Proxy server only. NO FTP, TELNET and PING to external Network as well Unable to use outlook express or Netscape to send and recv mails. But able to borwse internet

pl help me ....

Hi Dear Techshoot ,

Yes... In TCP/IP, The default gateway is given ....

I forgot to suggest making sure that the IP Forwarding is selected in the server TCP/IP properties. If it is already selected, what service pacl level is the server at. I believe MSProxy needs a RRAS at a certain level to work.

Hi, I have sort of the same problem... I can do averything, but I can't get Outlook Express to get email trhu my MS Proxy Server 2.0... I have SP 6 and security rollup on this server... I have solved this problem with Wingate using a VERY BIG string for the user name, but I'm not sure this problem is solve the same way on Proxy Server 2.0...

I don't have IP Forwarding Enabled, so I don't know if this can solve it...

Thanx...

I enabled IP Forwarding and nothing happened... I'm sure this is solved in some way that masks the username in some big string...

HELP!!! My boss is pushing me... ;)

See the MS KB item: Cannot Connect to Mail or News Servers with Outlook (Q177560)

At:

Use the following steps to correct this problem:

1. At the Proxy server, open the Mspclnt.ini file located in the <drive letter>:\Small Business\Clients\Ms\Proxy.

2. In the Mspclnt.ini file in the section of the configuration file labeled [Explorer], change the setting from Disable=1 to Disable=0.

3. In the section of the file that is labeled [Mapisp32] change the entry from Disable=1 to Disable=0.

After you make the changes listed above in the Proxy Server's Mspclnt.ini file, use the following procedure to update the client system's Winsock Proxy configuration files.

1. From Control Panel, double-click the WSP client icon.

2. Click the update button.

3. Reboot the computer when you are prompted.

Repeat steps 1 through 3 on any computer running the Microsoft Winsock Proxy Client.

I tried it and doesn't seem to work...
Falló la conexión con el servidor. Account: '200.44.32.77', Server: '200.44.32.77', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Security (SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I finally dicovered that i hadn't gave any permisions for POP3 at the proxy...

IT'S SOLVED AND MY BOSS LOVE ME (she's a woman)!!! Thanx for all your help...

Can you tell me how you did it?
I have exactly the same problem.
We are using MS Proxy 2.0 on WIn2000 server.
Client using outllok express have the same problem.
(Before this we were using AnalogX Proxy and it was find.)
Thank you. Gracias. Merci.

I have the problem getting thr outlook express mails from proxy,I am able to connect to all other site except our company mail a/c site

pls help me out.

im having similar probs, but in using a win98 machine and a win2000 machine with a 56k modem, i can get outlook to send but not receive mail, and my boss hates me!!! can someone please help. the only settings on the two machines are ip address with the 2000pc being 192.268.0.1 and ie settings for ics, and of course outlook with 192.168.0.1 as pop and smtp server. do i need gateway settings? please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

The way I got my web dev's through proxy with netscape is to have them install the Proxy client, use manual configuration for the proxy in Netscapes proxy settings and just enter in 80 for the port on http and no IP. This worked for me... strangely enough.

Reply from webbie I fixed:
It worked! So it is the combination of having Proxy Client installed, and using port 80 with no server name. Nescape 4.77 and 6.1 are working without problem on my machine.

----

This was back in Oct of 2001. Give it a try. I know they are still working (they haven't bugged me).

And for other apps. If you install proxy client and you can't ftp or outlook express then your admin has configured your proxy to not let you do that ;)

Good luck. beecee
confused as a baby in a topless bar

I have send and receive email with AnaloX Proxy.
Http internet is ok, but outlook express don't work.(the message is &quot;60 seconds i haven't response with the server. ¿Retry another 60 seconds or cancel? )

the pop3 and smtp email servers is IP the proxy (192.168.0.1)

Help, please...

In reply to TenchX (might be a bit late, but someone else might find this useful)..
We had this problem exactly, HTTP worked fine, Outlooks mail didn't.

After trying lots of things we finally restored the AnalogX proxy directory from a backup, which made everything work fine again. I'm thinking something got corrupt either during a progam upgrade, or some file update.

So the solution might just be: Uninstall proxy and reinstall it. If it still doesn't work, try installing an older version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back