Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to see bricks level on restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

ART01

MIS
Jul 20, 2001
US
Hi,
I installed Exchange server agent w/SP2 on Arcserver 2000.
When trying to restore mailboxes, I am unable to see bricks level. I also get a log message "Bricks level unavailable in full system backups."
Please, help.
Thank you.

I had the same problem with ARCserve2000 and brick-level backups. Solution: You’ll need to select each individual item for Backup. That is, instead of clicking on "My Computer" and ARCserve automatically selecting all items for/to backup, you'll need to select each item individually (C:, D: drives, registry, system state, Exchange Server, Exchange Server-Brick Level). By selecting each individual item, you should notice that "My Computer" selection box is now half shaded, instead of full shaded. This method will make ARCserve think that you are not running a full/complete backup, thus enabling you to backup your entire server, including Exchange Server Brick-Level backups. ARCserve is aware of the problem, but have not commented on a fix.

-Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back