Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to see all DOMAINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

baxwink

Programmer
Feb 7, 2000
US
I have three NT 4.0 servers each with a different Domain name but connected to the same LAN. I am able to log in on some workstations and see all three domains in network neighborhood however, on other workstations set up the same way and using the same username, password, and domain login, I am UNable to see all domains. Only the domain I logged into. I am sure that I probably am just overlooking something. PLEASE HELP. I am using DHCP services. Thanks.
Winton Herrin
wherrin@appling.k12.ga.us

It sounds like each domain has just one server. Why not put them all in the same domain? Have you checked out trust relationships? For a trust relationship to work you must set up each direction of it on both ends--it sounds like you might have some one way trust relationships.

What is the OS on your workstations?

If you didn't vote, you have no right to complain...

My workstations are WIN 98 2nd Ed. I can't put them all into one domain because of security.

Not sure if this was fixed in Win98/2, but one "undocumented feature" (bug) I have run into is that if, in the Win98 Network Properties, the Workgroup name does not match the Domain name, you will get inconsistent network browsing.

Not sure if this is your issue - but worth checking out...

X-) If you didn't vote, you have no right to complain...

I agree with pepper. It sounds like you may not have all your "trustees" and "trusters" working correctly. For everybody to see everything, trusts have to be setup both ways.

I voted, we just need people who can count:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back