Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to save startup-configuration after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

saywho527

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2005
US
Upgraded a 2611 from version 11 to IOS 12.3(13) and now can not save the running to the startup - I have 32/8 and wonder if 12.3 requires more mem for the ios and the startup to fit - right now every reboot gets me the preconfig options

Try the following
Router#erase /no-squeeze-reserve-space flash:
The copy the IOS in using copy TFTP flash
When asked to confirm erase flash answer N and the load will proceed. This will free up space usually reserved for the squeeze operation. If this no work then can get more mem on ebay for cheap.

Hello there, while you are trying to save the configs do you get any error messages? If not just to a show ver and make sure that the configuration reg value it is not 0x2142 and it should be 0x2102... Cheers

what image are you trying to load onto it?
the followuing are some quick lookups i did and the format is feature set, Min Ram, Min Flash in MB

ENTERPRISE BASIC, 64, 16
IP, 32, 8
IP/FW/IDS, 32, 16

so depending on what image you selected maybe you don't have the required ram and it is not loading the image but instead you are coming up in rommon ?
but your config should be stored in the nvram not the flash so if it is not taking the config do as stated above and verify your config register settings and make sure you are not skipping the nvram on bootup.

Badda Boom Badda Bing -- thanks tecnikall and plshlpme -- its always the little things that catch you up - I confirmed the version was IP basic and did a sh ver and guess what shows up as the last line - yep confeg reg set to 0x2142 - reboot to rommon - set confreg to 0x2102 and Saywho527 is a HAPPY CAMPER (-: - case closed - Thanks Again

Hello there, :) I am happy to see you "back in business" , your comment is very true: the easy things can cause the biggest trouble.... Cheers and all the very best!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back