Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UNABLE TO SAVE AS PDF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambien

Technical User
Jul 6, 2001
SG
I am having many many problems in saving illustrator 8 and 9 files in Acrobat PDF.

For Illustrator 8, I experienced some problems in saving my file into an Acrobat PDF. The message UNABLE TO PARSE THE EPS FILE is displayed and my EPS image (which is a bitmap image saved as Photoshop EPS in Binary encoding)disappears. I pathed the image out and pasted it in Illustrator 8 as a line-drawn graphic, and it still disappears. I tried many times to make a PDF, and sometimes the line-drawn graphic appears but some text disappears. It is erratic!

When I tried the same file in Illustrator 9 and saved it as Acrobat PDF, my eps file had no problem. However, when viewed in Acrobat 4, the EPS Images all became slightly bigger. All text and line-drawn images were fine though.

Sometimes, when I save the file as Acrobat PDF, another message with the words "PARM" appears instead of the UNABLE TO PARSE EPS message.

The problems here do not apply to every file that I do, just some of them.

It's really stressing me out, pls help me!

Thank you.

Have you tried saving the embedded EPS with ASCII encoding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back