Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to run smsls.bat upon logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid

MIS
Dec 11, 2001
CA
I have enabled Network Logon Discovery and Network Logon Client Installation. All logon points were detected. However one of the DC was installed with FAT, and therefore did not load up the SMSLOGON share.

So, I converted the file system to NTFS. The SMSLogon directory was soon automatically copied over to the DC.

However, the smsls.bat file does not run upon logon. I have powered off the machine, thus using another DC to login and the script runs.

How can I fix this problem with the DC?

Thanks,

Paranoid

make sure on that dc the smsls.bat file is in the logon share. check by browsing to the logon share location (winnt 4.0 box it is in the winnt\system32\repl\import\scripts location) If you don't have replication set then the dc's aren't replicating the logon share. copy the smsls.bat file manually from one of the other domain controllers. This should fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back