Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to run OSQL.EXE. Check your SQL Server client installation. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaustill

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2003
US
Error on new install of progression 7.7 which is to backup existing 7.7.x installation on another server.

downloaded iso "Progression 7.7 Installation" 7700INST07012008.iso

On new Windows 2000 server running mssql2000 (yeah I know it's old), Created shared folder MACAPPS.

Started install from new server (not client) gave name of server and SA password, install stops with an information popup.

Information
Unable to run OSQL.EXE. Check your SQL Server client installation.

Any ideas on what I am missing?

Jere,

I have never seen this one. Is your SQL server running in mixed mode authentication? That the most common error people make when installing SQL Server because Progression unfortunately requires mixed mode.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Yes, running mssql in mixed mode "SQL server and windows authentication"

I am running the ISO off of a virtual CD "Virtual CloneDrive" by SlySoft, but I don't think that is related to the error.

Double checked SA password and Re-installed SQL client on server not sure how Macola means to "Check your SQL Server client installation

I use a virtual CD player and .iso files all the time, I cannot imagine that would be the problem.

Can you attach some screenshots pasted into a word document?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Don,
Problem solved.
Attempted to check version of osql.exe from command line.
Windows could not find it.
Added it's path to the windows system variables. DUH
Install completed fine.

Good deal. I have never heard of this one. Is this a Windows 7 machine by any chance?

It's a Windows 2000 server running mssql2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back