Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to redirect OL-2000 e-mail with specific attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

palliser2

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
CA
Hello,
I am trying to redirect e-mail using Oulook 2000 using the rules wizard. I am able to redirect the mail if the specific rule relates to the subject line or body of the e-mail but I cannot seem to get my rules to work for the attachments. Is there a way to do this relatively easy or am I just out of luck. What I am really trying to do is place *.scr files in a specific folder so people are more aware the file contains a script before they attempt to open it. Sort of another intervention step in the war against virus's. Any help and advice is very much appreciated.

No you really can't do this in Outlook. We actually now block all mail that contains .scr file attachments, amongst the many file types we block, in our inbond and outbound traffic.

If it is a legit script they can zip it and send the zip file as an attachment.

Actually there is a registry edit you can do to allow attachments. Go to microsoft knowledge base and search for attachments in outlook and it will tell you how to make attachments available

I could be mistaken but I think you are referring to the article on the reg change on how to change the default attachment directory which is the default directory that appears when you want to add an attachment to the message you are composing.

If I am wrong I apologize in advance. I would be interested in the article if it is out there. I can't find it in TechNet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back