Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to record (macro) :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

dneebrkr

Programmer
Apr 24, 2003
IL
Hi,
Whenevr I try to:
1) Record a macro in Excel 2002 (or any of my office 2002 products) I get a message saying : "Unable to Record".
2) Edit the VB code for a macro I get empty VB editor.

I tried looking for help in many websites including Microsoft's, with no success so far.
I already removed and reinstalled Office XP including my visio 2002.

What should I do now ?

HELP ....S.O.S...... [mad]

Is this possibly on a server? If so, I would think it has to be in permissions. Or a platform that has multiple users? Again permissions! Make sure everything is shared or that each useer has admin. level permissions in office.
If this does not work, please repost.
HTH
Michael

Thanks,
No, it's not on a server though I have two useers with admin profile on my Win XP OS.

Check the project macro protection. XP has many options here and may be you cannot modify VBA project.
Try record simple macro changing the selection - my XP was hanging while recording external data query.

combo

I Have the Same Problem too,

If you solved it please notify me,

Some info :
I have install Access 2000 tun time moudle, and since then the problem exists.
When I am clicking on the Excel Icon,
the Installation box is poping up Writting "Excel Feature".
Furthermore, when I am trying to edit an old Macro, the Excel program crashes when it is using the object browser
or the intelisence Feature. I think there is a connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back