Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to receive incoming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCCDM

Technical User
May 24, 2016
AU
Hi all,

I have some new users in a new number range that are currently not receiving any external calls. it just gets the message "the number you have dialled is not connected."

The users are standard non-hotdesking users that just stay assigned to a static phone.

I have checked and confirmed they are logged in, no call forwards in place and the DID service form is pointing their full number to their extension.

The number range used to be pointed at a system speed call which forwarded to a mobile. when I change the DID back to the speed call number, it went through to the mobile with no problems. This made me think so I created a new speed call that points to the users extension and changed the DID to find the new speed call and it worked.

Why can I get to the extension through a speed call but not when the number is pointed directly in the DID form?

MX 3300
Rel 8.0 PR3
software 14.0.0.97

Cheers,
JCCDM

On your Trunk Attributes form, Have you selected DID Routing to Yes and then set the Number of Digits to Absorb to 0?

Then add the full number received on the trunk to DID Routing form?

Do you know if you are receiving all digits?
How many digits are you speedcalls?
How many digits are absorbed by the Trunk attributes?
Are any digits being inserted by the trunk attributes?
And is the DID table enabled in the trunk attributes

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks guys,

Trunk attributes - DID service is set to yes. Digits to absorb is 1 (DID form full number is 9 digits)

I believe all digits are being received, the CCS trace appears to be correct.
Speedcalls are 4 digits - the same as the extension.
1 digit being absorbed
0 being inserted
What is the DID table? is it the same as the DID service option?

This is appreciated, Cheers,
Justin

If DID service is set to yes, the DID's and destinations need to be added to the Direct Inward Dialing Service form.

DID's and destinations were in the DID form but when dialling the DID, it says number is not connected.

Only way I could get them to ring was to point the DID at a speedcall and point the speedcall to the DN.

Thanks,
JCCDM

DID Form - What I call the DID Table, What 619Tech properly calls the Direct Inward Dialing Service Form.

Are we all speaking of the same thing?

9 digits in the DID form seems like an odd number (No pun intended) Why 9?

Also, what exactly are you doing to "Point the DID at the Speedcall Table"?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Sorry for the delay on this one guys, issue is still occurring.

I point the DID to the speed call by setting the DID as their full number and set the destination number as the speedcall number.

I am not sure why they use 9 digits, it is set the same for the other number ranges in their cluster and works fine.

Thanks,
Justin

9 Digits is standard if it is Telstra.

Check the extension COS and test with a known working COS. (there is an option to not allow DID calls, maybe this is set)
Even test a new DID with an existing working extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back