Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Preview reports from Java Admin. Launchpad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbugeja

Programmer
Jul 17, 2008
MT
Hello Experts,

We are using Crystal Reports Server XI R2 with SP4. This version apparently supports connection with an Oracle 10g RAC. I have published a very simple report on a Win 2003 64-bit machine. This report features only one query with the database.

The problem is that whenever I try to preview the report from the Java Administration Launchpad I keep getting "Failed to load database information".

Can you please give me some help/tips on how I can solve this problem.

Honestly, I very much appreciate your help.

Thank You

Joseph.

Is the Oracle client installed on the server where Crystal Reports Server is installed?

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Yes, I have the Oracle client installed on CRS. I am able to do tnsping <sid>

What could be the problem?

Thanks.

Does the report run correctly directly in Crystal? Do you have other reports running correctly on a 64-bit server? Have you verified that the login information for the report was set correctly when you published it?

One way to help determine where the problem is located is to install Crystal on the server that has CRS installed and try to open and run the report directly in Crystal. If it works there, then the problem is in how it is set up to run in CRS. If it doesn't then there is an issue with how Crystal is communicating with the database from the server.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I've installed Crystal Reports Designer XI R2 on the 64-bit server and when I tried to view the report the same problem cropped up. On the bright side, when I issue Verify Database from CR I get the same problem "Failed to load database information" but I have some details which are "The database connector ‘crdb_oracle.dll’ could not be found". What is strange is that this dll exists on the server but it could not be found. Even stranger than this, is the fact that the Crystal Reports Designer downloaded on the server does not allow me to create a new connection with an Oracle Server (this option is missing from this designer!). What could be the problem?

Hi,
One reason for this could be an incorrectly installed Oracle client ( not to the 'default' Oracle home or Oracle_Home's location not defined in the system environment) or a version incompatibility...Can you execute SqlPlus on the server and connect to the database instamce needed for the report?

If so, then be sure the Oracle database option was installed when Crystal was installed ( and be sure the Crystal Designer was at least the Professional or Developer version - the only ones with Oracle connectivity)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back