Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to place tandem calls using NI-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mywayray

Vendor
Oct 23, 2002
US
I have 2 Option 11C 's with 25.40B
Site 1 has NI-2 to PSTN and I'm trying to pass the inbound name display to the second via a 'tie' span-
I've tried SL-1 without success, and when I try NI-2, the only config that will connect correctly is built as trunk type DID.
This doesn't seem to be a problem, however on an outbound call from 2 to 1 the call will only go to the Attendant (not to PSTN).
Thank you,

are both routes pri and the same config.. and have you tried ni-3?.. if so do a enl msgo x an the outbound and enl msgi on the outbound and see if your getting the name and if your sending it. i've used that config many times with no problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you for the note-
I've not heard of NI-3
Again, my goal is to pass Name Display received on PBX 1 vis NI-2 to PBX 2-
I can connect but I'm unable to place outbound call on the NI-2 'tie' span

if your having trouble with the tandom connection itself, be sure your dgt is inserting the correct digits (if any) and make sure the inbound route and out bound route don't have the same targ and that the inbound trunk has a ncos high enough to make the outbound call.. in my switch if my local pri's are down or busy the call is routed over to another switch, i insert a 9 to hit their outbound route.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

my bad nd3 hasn't been invented yet... what i meant to say was do you have nd3 in your rcap of your dch?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Again, Thank you for your note-
The only trunk types that will provide a connection are DID and COT
I've been able to break this down into 2 separate issues
1) Built as DID I can place calls to a station but not to or from PSTN
2) Built as COT, I can receive calls from PSTN but not place calls to a station or PSTN.
FRL is set to 0
NCOS is set to 7
TARG and TGAR are both set at default 01
The ability to pass the name will need to take a back seat to getting the calls to complete.

change the tgar or the targ, a match is a block..yes they are blocked by default

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You might want to check into this.
Nortel will not support the tandeming of a DID to Tie at all.
I have this same problem at another customer. This is what we did:

1) Built all Pri's to PSTN on first PBX as Tie
2) Built Pri's btwn 2 pbx's as tie with "ESN5" (needed for NCOS passing from distant pbx)
3) We also set the DSEL on all routes to 3vce to support AT&T signalling format.

I am taking the above setup from PBX here stateside thru E1's here to Passports to OPT61C's/81C's in other countries.

Thank you for your suggestions-
I'll give them a try and post the results-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back