Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to ping services port on S8300D while trying to install CM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsiko

ISP
Sep 24, 2014
NG
Please can anyone assist with this issue.

I've inserted my dvdrom with system platform 6.3 cd but the ALM LED keeps flashing red, i've waited for over 1hr and it remains same. i've also changed dvd rom + cds and i'm having same issue

So, the usb cd/dvd unit has power off the services port? If so, you then need to take your laptop and statically assign IP: 192.11.13.5/255.255.255.252.. connect your laptop interface with a crossover cable to the services port of the 8300. Then reboot the GW with your laptop continuously pinging 192.11.13.6. Once you get a reply you'll then telnet to 192.11.13.6 and you should have the menu of the disc to load SP.

@ Wpetilli,

I can't tell if the usb cd/dvd uniy is powering off the services port. My laptop is configured using the ip address stated above and i'm connected using a cross cable to the services port on S8300D while i'm rebooting the server with the continuous ping to 192.11.13.6 but i get no reply from server for over an hour. with the ALM LED blinking continuously.

@ muntyzummer,

I'm using a windows 8 laptop and i'm not getting any screen popup of ip address conflict

I had issues using my company provided win7 laptop and brought in my personal old XP laptop and had zero issues. If you unplug/replug the cdrom from the usb port you should see a light. Perhaps reseat your 8300..

@ wpetilli,

I'll have to check this with a windows XP Laptop and will revert to you ASAP. All i can see for now is the ALM LED blinking continiously

The alarm on the card can mean any number of things. Is there anything loaded on this 8300 at all, or is it blank and out of the box? The cd/dvd drive can be tested rather easily by just connecting it to your laptop. If it works there and you see it light up when you plug it into the USB port of the GW, it's pretty safe to say it has power. Also, are you using the AVAYA cd/dvd drive? That's another issue I've heard about. I don't think you can just plug any drive into that thing.

@ Wpetilli,

It was loaded with CM 5 and would like to upgrade to 6.3

So forget about the cd.. can you log into the thing at all just to see why you have an alarm?

This issue exists on win 8 also , did you try the fix you will also need to arp -d from your laptop prior to connecting.

What point do you actually get to ?
Can you actually ping the services address when the kit boots up ??

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Bobsiko, does the CD boot in a diffrent system, like an old PC? (careful, I can't remember if it erases the HDD yet at this point).
or perhaps a virtual machine..
It will probably not install, but you can check if this specific disk boots, and if yes if it shows any errors.
I had my share of damaged disks..
And since you mentioned the duplicated ip issue, Clear the ARP of your notebook.
further:
If the DVD/CD drive was not attached to a USB port when the server booted up, you will not
see any activity on the screen. In this case perform the following:
a. Press the Shut Down button on the server.
b. When the OK-to-remove light comes on, connect the DVD/CD-ROM drive to a USB port.
c. Unseat and reseat the S8300 in its slot.

@wpetilli, the USB port on the S8300 can not supply enough power for most drives.
Avaya supplied a drive with a battery to compensate for that.
There are three external CD/DVD-ROM drives that are supported on the S8300 Server:
● Avaya approved Panasonic Digistor 73082 or 73322 (Comcode: 700406267):
● Addonics (Model: AEPDVRWII824) (not available through Avaya):
- Requires AC power to operate.
- You must have the switch set to External.
● TEAC (end of sale) (Comcode: 700289580)

@telco -- Yea I've had that drive issue trying to use the non avaya provided ones. So stupid.

@ All,

Thanks for you assistance your directions where of great help.

I've been able to resolve issue after following this video link
I got the Avaya approved CD/DVD drive and also had to reseat the S8300 after shutting it down and i was able to install system platform successfully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back