Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Ping S8300C/G350 using the Service Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucas13

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2007
PH
Hi,

Does any one already experience that can't ping the ip address at the service port?

We have implement a new S8300C/G350 when we power up the server we can't ping the S8300C server using the service port.

Here are the log we get at G350

G350-???(super)# show faults

CURRENTLY ACTIVE FAULTS
------------------------------------------------------------

-- MGP Faults --
+ Expected ICC not present, 03/28-17:03:12.00
+ H248 registration failure, 03/28-17:03:12.00

Done!
G350-???(super)#

Please i need your help..

Thanks

It's hard to say not knowing how far you've gone with the install. The S8300 has a blank HD right out of the box. You have to attach USB DVD drive with CM disk, power up the server, and telnet to services port to install the software (using xover cable). You can't telnet to the server until it's powered up with the CM disc in the drive. Have you gotten that far yet?

power off remove s8300 take the battery out, put it back and start again with the cd rom connected to the s8300

lucas;

have had this issue with s8300c's.

still havent found a fix - can you post back if the battery post works.

cheers.

ramraid -

tried your battery suggestion but no joy.

anyone else had issue with s8300c - thanks.

Still not working even i already remove the battery.

This looks like a big problem as more and more people are having this issue. I am usre Avaya are aware of this but keeping quiet. We have tried two s8300c processors and are now putting a s8300b server just so we can get the install going.

8300C will not work with CM3.XX. What version of CM are you using, you will need CM$.0 as a minimum(there is also a CM4.0.1 patch to apply).

all;

please read - the issue is that people cant even connect to the services port to load/config the server - not an issue around the version of cm.

i have been able to verify my technical hw etc... ok by trying to build an out of the box s8300b with all the same nic card, cables etc without issue.

on the c - the ALM light just flashes red and a ping returns no results - the cd/dvd spins but thats it.

on a b - it just wokrs.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back