Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Open Report in Design View Access 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSDenver

Technical User
Dec 27, 2001
US
I had finished creating a report in Access 2007 and as a final step I added an image to the report design and saved it. I had intended this to be a small placeholder image but accidentally selected a very large image. The database only holds 40 records but after putting this image into the report design and saving it, the size of the database went to more than 300mb. The report name showed up in the navigation pane, but when I attempted to open the report in design view to remedy this, I received two consecutive error messages: "The MS Access database engine could not find the object <<name of report>>" and then "There isn't enough memory to perform the operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again." I tried Access 2010 and the report does not show up in the navigation pane. I tried compact and repair but got the same results. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can redo the entire report but if there's a simple fix it would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom.

Well, I tried that and when I tried to import the report I received the "There isn't enough memory to perform the operation." error message, followed by a message: "No current record." Tom

I sure wish I had an earlier version but it doesn't exist. Thanks, Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back