Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to open outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockend

Technical User
Mar 18, 2005
CA
I have very little for details as to why this error is occurring, but here it goes. I locked my computer (ctrl, alt, del, then Lock), then left work for lunch. When I come back, I tried to get into my email, and now the only thing that pops up is an error message. Except there is no message. It's just an error window with no text in it. It has the icon of the big red "X" symbol, and an "OK" button. But there is not a word besides. No title to the window, nothing. Any ideas or recommendations short of re-installing?

-Dale
"There's no such thing as bad luck, just an absence of good luck.

The same thing happens. I have rebooted a few times, logged off then on, etc. and a select number of times I have got this error (before the blank one): "Application failed to initialize properly (0x0000006)." I'm not sure if this is in reference to memory or the page file. Should I maybe run mem-test?

-Dale

If everything else on your PC seems to work, I would just try re-installing Outlook.

Sawedoff

Actually I just reset my machine again. Now none of the office programs are working. They all come up with the "Application failed to initialize" error. Being as we use an image with office pre-installed, I'll have to format.

-Dale

before you try to re-install your outlook, I would first try to start and stop the information store, or mailbox store. This should refresh your connection once you have restarted this process. The information store is located under your "services" under your admin tools. If this doesn't work then you can try to see if your drive needs to be remounted under your Exchange system manager. I guess this will only work if you are running exchange. Let me know if this help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back