Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to open my form

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumoalex

Programmer
Jan 27, 2003
CA
I just spent 3 hours on a form, and now it won't open (not even in design mode). No error message or anything. Has anyone else experienced this? Another programmer told me that happens quite often with Access 2000. (If that's true, I'll find another career .. I just lost 3 hours worth of work!)

Anyone?

Try closing the db, and opening while holding the shift key down, just in case something is being loaded.

Alternatively, import into another db, delete, then reimport. This may not be nice if you have module with the form, but maybe worth a try.

ChaZ

Thank you for your response. As a programmer, my finger is permanently afixed to the shift key, but I'll the import/delete/re-import thingy.

Shift key indeed. If I hold it too long, I get some funkey keyboard setting from XP comes up and messes everything.

Hope the alternative works though,
ChaZ

probably a moo point now ( cow's opinion; doesn't matter, lol)
but was a compile and repair tried?

misscrf

It is never too late to become what you could have been ~ George Eliot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back