Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Open Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredk

Technical User
Jul 26, 2001
US
I have an access 2000 database - I just created a form - when I exited the database and then went back in I was unable to open this form - I can open everything else except this form ?

Any ideas on why this would happen? thanks!!!

Fred

Can you open it in design view? Any code behind that form?

How are you trying to open it (i.e. by code, double clicking, etc)?

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-- Francois Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

Hi acent - thanks for the help - I am opening it by double clicking - also, I cannot get into it via design view.

There was some code based on the on-open event that looked up some data in a table - I use the form to run reports.

Thanks!!

Fred

I should have asked you this in my first post, but do you get any error messages or does the database sit there and give you stupid looks. Also, you may want to have the task manager open and monitor tasks to see if you notice anything.

I am however, pretty much out of ideas. It might help to compact and repair the database to see if the form is FUBAR.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-- Francois Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

that has happened to me a few times, and each time, the forms (and other objects so afflicted) were FUBAR. Try making a copy of the form and see if you can open the copy. if yes, work with the copy. try creating a new database, and import the form into new database. if the form works in the new database, work with the new database and import all of the other objects.

each time this happened to me, I was unable to fix the form itself.

THe forms does nothing when I try to open it - when I copy it, it says the object does not exist - I will try to impore - but I have a feeling I am sol - thanks!!!

Fred

Try using ALT + F11 to bring up the vba editor and have a look at any underlying code in the form.

Ian Mayor (UK)
Program Error
Programming is 10% coding and 90% error checking.

Thanks for repsonding Ian - I have already recreated the form - but I appreciate your help!

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back