Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to open Cube Models 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mid181

Programmer
Aug 8, 2003
US
hi,
I have just uninstalled cognos6 and installed cognos7 on my machine my os is win2000. As a result i am unable to open cube models developed on other machines [ the configuration of the other machines is windows xp with cognos 7]
Basically when i try to open the model it asks for the cognos logon - after logging it asks to select the user classes - it provides 2 options 1. root user class 2. upfront admin - from this is select the 1st option but then it throw the
TR2605 error saying

'Transformer can't process this model. It uses features that are part of a more comprehensive edition than the one you have installed. Refer to the documentation for a description of the 4 available editions'

Can anyone throw some light as to how i would be able to go about with this.

TIA
mid181

mid181,
The differing versions of Windows should not be an issue.
Q1. Are the versions of cognos7 the same? There are series 7.0 and 7.1 and I believe that some models created in 7.1 will not open in 7.0. Check the 'about' under the help header on the machines concerned.
Q2. Has Cognos6 been removed from your machine and where is configuration manager pointing to for transformer and security settings? If fully removed, there should be no cer2 folder on your PC; just a cer3. You may need to apply the new configuration in configuration manager.

lex

soi la, soi carre

This error occurs when you try to open a model in Transformer Windows that was created with Transformer for UNIX (on Windows). It also happens if you try to open a model in Transformer 'lite' (available on the PowerPlay User CD) that was created with either Transformation Server for Windows or UNIX.
There are three versions of Transformer that have an escalating list of features and a 'higher' version model cannot be opened in a 'lower' version. The order goes

Transformer lite
Transformation Server for Windows
Transformation Server for UNIX.

Check the version that you created the model with originally and you will be able to see where the problem is.

I have the complete cognos 7 cd and everytime i install it always installs the personal powerplay transformer .. is there a patch for installing the unix powerplay transformer .. or is there something wrong in the way i install..
Please advice

TIA
mid181

Transformer for Unix is on another cd , than the powerplay client.
You should have it in Transformer server for Unix cd ,or you can download it from COgnos web site , if you have access to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back