Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Move Groups/Error ID: 5005

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITGUY53

MIS
Feb 6, 2003
US
one of my resources failed to start on Node 1 and so i was able to fix that issue. i had to disconnect my 2 NICs that's connected to the public and failover and plug into a router to make the NIC look active rather than disconnected so that Cluster will not fail.

i have been trying to move my Node 1 group to Node B but it kept coming up with Error ID: 5005 (unable to move the group). i checked all the ownership of the resources and it has the proper Nodes listed. the Cluster wasn't in the middle of transfering resources, nor is Cluster Service paused, or stoped on both Node 1 and 2. the only thing i can think of is because the public NIC can not locate the DC where both Nodes are plugged into an isolated router to make the NICs look alive. the funny thing is that i can move Cluster Group between Node 1 and 2, but not my other two groups.

is my theory correct regarding my groups not being able to move because it's not on the network?

thanks in advance...

i solved this problem too. for some reason that one of my nodes lost its cache information, but the other didn't. so i was able to log in, but my node that holds the file stuff kept failing. that is because it is not seeing the DC and DNS servers.

i kept my failover NIC hot by keeping it in an isolated router, and plugged my Public NIC into the network where it saw the DC and DNS. then it came up.

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back