Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to make MDE Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

wherrin

Technical User
May 11, 2001
US
When trying to save my database as an MDE database I get an error that tells me unable to save database as an MDE. Help. I've tried several databases as well as several computers..

This is right out of the help files....

Important Some restrictions may prevent you from saving your Access database as an MDE file:

If your Access database is secured with user-level security, you must meet certain criteria. Learn about using other forms of security with an Access database that is saved as an MDE file.

You must have password access to the Visual Basic code. Learn about protecting Visual Basic code.

If your database is replicated, you must first remove replication system tables and properties.

If your Access database references another Access database, or add-in, you must save all Access databases or add-ins in the chain of references as MDE files.
Tyrone Lumley
augerinn@gte.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back