Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to logon to Server 2003 with Windows 98 Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terro

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2003
IE
I have just set up a 2003 Server on site for a client...I am having some trouble though logging on with Windows 98 ...
I have set the PC to use DHCP and have configured the PC to logon to the Domain....
It appears though the Windows 98 PC keeps losing it's network logon settings as I have been able to logon with the machine ...but then when the user reboots he gets the Error message that the Domain or his Password is incorrect ...I have tried logging in with the Administraor Account and get the same error...

At a coomplete loss ...can anyone help...

I would be very grateful...

Thanks Terry

When you promote net server to DC, by default doesn't allow pre win2k clients at the network..
Show if you didn't change the default option during dcpromo go to active directory users and computers admin tool and at build in acounts locate the pre win2000 clients

Add to this as a member the everyone team

I got tghe user to check this and she that everyone is already a member of the pre2000 clients group..

Thanks Meredoth2

Im going to try and remove the PC from the Domain and readd it ...to get the pre2000 client prompt

Install a Win9x Active Directory client and you will be a happy person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back