Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to login to ArcserveIT database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simonk1974

Technical User
Apr 9, 2002
AU
I have ArcServe 2000 build 1100 and when I try to run a backup the report always comes back with "Unable to login to ArcserveIT database" or "Database no longer available" - Question how can I start a clean DB- I have tried initializing the DB set it to prune DB records older than 1 day removed any files in the temp (It had about 6-7 .cat files) removed all the r.* files from the DB folder but still to no avail - does anyone have any ideas ????

If the server has been renamed, check the environment variables for a system variable called RNNAME. Its value should be the new server name. Also, in server admin, try resetting the system account, stop and restart all services. If it is an option, apply SP5. Sometimes this last step helps, unfortunately however, most of the time it doesn't.

Install ARCserve on another system including updates (tape device not needed) after the install you will have a clean blank database.

On the backup server close the Manager stop the services and then replace the database directory with the new blank one.

I had this same problem, if (like ArcserveQueen suggested) you have renamed the server you will need to change the RNNAME, to do this right click my computer, properties, advanced, enviroment variables, then in system variables look for the RNNAME entry and check this is the same as your server name, if it is not the same then change it by double left clicking to open the edit field.

This solved my unable to log in problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back