Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unable to login to 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2004
US
I connect to my home W2K Server from work with Terminal Services. I was able to connect fine and i disconnected when i left work. A few minutes ago, i was in my garage login screen since i had rebooted it remotely earlier in the day. I did the "ctl alt del", entered the password in successfully, and it started to log me for about 5 sec, even said it was "applying personal settings" for 2 seconds but then said "saving your settings"...then all of a sudden it went back to the login screen...i don't know whats going on...i tryed to TS from my laptop into the server but the same thing happened....i even rebooted the server with the same result...any ideas?

forgot to add...i already tried last good config and safe mode to no avail..please help!

No restore disks? If not, try booting with the boot disk in, you may have to re-install.

Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin check out Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.

TTinChicago

the profile may be damaged. before delete the profile, make sure you back up the data.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows, Network, Internet, VPN, Routing and How to at

ChicagoTechNet, he can't boot at all to the server, so deleting a profile is not an option.

Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin check out Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.

TTinChicago

ya no restore disks. luckly i have 2 physical disks, one with system files and the other with my apps and other good stuff, so worst case scenario i'll reinstall. any idea why/how a profile would go corrupt? anything to do with how i possibly disconnected from TS? is there a recovery console procedure that i should first try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back