Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to log on to BusinessObjects Enterprise to Save Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmbwoy

Programmer
Nov 11, 2008
CA
Has anyone encountered and resolved this problem before? When I try to authenticate into my Central Management Server to save a report or add a function to the repository I got the following error. "Transport error: Communication failure."

I can logon to the BusinessObjects Enterprise Central Management Console through the web with no problem and can ping the server but for some reason I can't authenticate when I try to get in through Crystal reports (e.g. File -->Save As-->Select Enterprise-->enter Central Management Server credentials.)

Can someone please help me with troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks,

DB

What authentication type are you using (e.g., Enterprise, NT, LDAP, etc.) for the CMC and Infoview? You need to make sure that you're using the same type of authentication when you try to log in through Crystal.

Also, do you have network access rights to "see" the report server where the CMS is running? If not, that could be your issue. The website may be connecting using a specific ID that has access to the server.

Do you have access to the "Administrator" password? Have you tried using that to log in from Crystal? If that works but your user ID doesn't, then it's an access rights issue inside BOE. If it doesn't work, it's probably a network access rights issue, or you're using the wrong authentication method to log in to the CMS.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi Hilfy. I am using Enterprise authentication and am also using the same type of authentication when I try saving my reports and functions.

Yes I do have network access and rights to see the report server. I can ping, telnet the server and I am the administrator.

The problems seems to be with the enterprise configuration. This is a brand new install but I did not personally do the install.

You're probably right about it being a config issue. Can you reinstall the software?

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I'd preferably not since this is really the only issue that I have. Anyone have any ideas on config items that I can troubleshoot?

Hi,
Are the versions the same - there can be problem if the CR is older than the BOE version ( even, in some cases, to the decimal leve - V11 R1 vs BOE XI R2 for instance)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I'm running Crystal Reports XI Developer Edition Version 11.0.0.2495 on my PC and Business Objects Enterprise 11.0 on the server so I doubt that they are not compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back