Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to log on quickly enough 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doswelk

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2001
GB
A strange thing has started happening on both our Citrix Servers....

After months of behaving when we press ctl-alt-del to log on, the Netware Screen will flash up for about a second and then vanish again!

If you start typing in that second the screen will not vanish and then you can log on normally.

Does any one have any ideas ?

Thank you in advance

Kevin

Does this still happens if you create a new "test" user?

What's changed on the Novell side? Has the client been updated, but not installed via Add/Remove Programs on the Citrix servers?

Hope this helps

Nothing has changed to my knowledge. It occurs at the console for the server itself. If you start typing as soon as the logon screen appears all is fine.

If you do not the Press CTRL_ALT_DEL aplash screen is redisplayed. It's not the end of the world, we use Published Apps for the users so it does not affect them. It's just very annoying.

If you use roaming profiles and set by policy to have the "Timeout for dialog boxes" set to a low number of seconds (like 0, 1 or 2) to avoid having the "Slow network detected blah blah blah" message during the user logon, the Intranetware client login splash will vanish at that speed. It is a documented problem in the Novell site. If i find it I'll forward to you later.
To fix the problem you can use Poledit or regedit.
Poledit:
Open Registry / Local machine / Windows NT User Profiles /Timeout for dialog boxes (and change the Time in the "Time (seconds))
Regedit:
HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon/ProfileDlgTimeOut (Double click the value and change the number of seconds using decimal notation).

Just read int the novell site that the issue has been resolved with sp3 for Intranetware client 4.8.
(the issue is "Resolved where ProfileDlgTimeOut being used for all Novell GINA dialogs."), My suggestion resolves for now, but if you are not using 4.8 upgrade to it with sp3.

Thank you I will upgrade to SP3 client.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back