Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to log into mailbox after hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnnysgir

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
US
I have a customer that is having issues with their sales reps being able to log into their mailboxes out side of the office after hours and on weekends. They hit **mailbox # password # and it is telling them invalid mailbox password combination. But during normal hours it works fine. Any suggestions on what we should check? The reps are also calling in on Toll free numbers, not sure if this makes a difference or not.

If you ring into a BCM system via a DID call etc and hear the voice mail message, I think you need to enter in 88 and then you enter in your mailbox number and passcode etc.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

They don't have DID's just analog lines. During regular business hours it works via ** but just not after hours. Any suggestions?

This almost sounds like the call is being transfered to a different voicemail system. This isn't a centralized voicemail scenario is it?

How is after hours engaged? Is it automatic through greeting tables or do they use a service (auto or manual) activated by a "night" button on the reception set? Chech the ring group to make sure the right DNs are in there.

The other thing to look at is if there are CCR trees associated with the after hours scheduling in your greeting tables. If there are, check them closely for transfers.

Outside of that, you could always try the old power off reboot. Usually solves a lot of strange goings on.

Needless to ask, it is patched current right?

If AA is answering the lines then the Disable DN Dialing option may be on at night.
Its located in the greeting table.

I told her to reboot the system before she leaves and see what happends. I also asked for her to have some of the reps call the local number versus the toll free number. The toll free number may be passed off so much that it is loosing the dtmf tone for what ever reason. If that doesnt fix the issue I will look at the timing in the ccr tree after hours. It just started happending and no changes have been made with the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back