Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to locate .pst files in Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosy1

Technical User
Aug 6, 2003
US
I recently purchased a new laptop and it cme with the MS Office trial version for 2007. I own MS Office Professional 2003 so I laoded it to the the laptop. Every other application works but Outlook. Each time I open it I get an error message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Could not open item. Try Again" When I try againI get a message "Would you like to open yourdefault file System folder instead?" If I click yes then it goes directly to my "C" drive. Can anyone help me get Outlook back up nd running?

Thanks... Rosy

Did you already uninstall the trial version of Office 2k7?

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Yes, I have uninstall Office 2007. I have tried to remove the profile and create another one but then I get a pop with A rundll32 has stopped.

... Rosy

How may I import contact and personal folders from Windows Mail operating under Vista Home Premium into Microsoft Small Business Outlook 2003?

After a few crashes program reloads and mistakes I have duplicates in my Microsoft Small Business Outlook 2003running under XP in both my address book and in my personal files.
Is there some way to remove these duplicates from my files without deleting them one by one?
I have about 1700 files in personal folders that need to be deleted and about 400 addresses that are duplicated.

Windows Mail to Outlook:

I believe you basically need to export to .csv file(s) or similar. Here's Microsoft's info on it:

------------------------------------------------------
Duplicates:
This is one way from Microsoft's help files:

Here's a "free" program to try (I didn't look closely to be sure it's good or not, so I'd suggest a little research first):

And this one seems like it just started as some personal project, and they ended up with this product:

Of course there are others out there. You could try looking around here as well:
- I tend to find various free programs there which can't hardly be found elsewhere. You can try clicking through the types, or just searching.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back