Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to load user profile--please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMW

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2001
US
All,

I have a NT4 terminal server with metaframe 1.8. Lately this server is acting strange. When new user log in via ICA client, got this error message "The operating system was unable to load your profile. Please contact your Network Adminstrator" I re-adjusted registry size to 0x4fffffff and changed paging file size from 2GB to 3GB, but still got same error message. The users who had profiles already are login okay. Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance!

BMW

Sounds like the default user profile has become corrupt.

Try creating a new one.

Hope this helps

Sometimes I will see the same message if the server is running low on disk space.

Just a thought.....

Are you using Active directory? If you are now art Win2K and AD, you wil have a vairety of profile issues with Citrix running on 4.0. Set your users Terminal sever Profiles to write to a Windows 2000 box (a PC will do) that resides in AD, and work to get that 1.8 server up to 2000. You will have nothing but problems in a mixed environment, erpspecially when it comes to permissions going forward.

If you must keep the 4.0 box, redirect their TS user profies to a 2000 server or workstation in the interim.

We had a similar situation recently, although ours was running 2k server on 3 blades. In the end, we had to build servers from scratch to get rid of it, since any adjustments we did had little or no real effect.

We could have rebuilt the ones we had, but we are consistantly running with close to 100 concurrent users, and taking a server offline would have brought the company down to a crawl, so we bought new blades and built nice and clean installs (with a bit of a performance gain too).

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back