Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to load frames server not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrauW

MIS
Jul 24, 2003
US
Hi all,
I am getting the following error on certain PCs in my firm:

unable to load frame's content. Server not responding

It is specific to these PC's so we think the solution is related to the network card settings and not the Lotus Notes application itself. We have noticed that we cannot ping the Notes server (which is overseas), we cannot even ping the router. Suggestions? This just started happening and the network settings haven't been changed.

Those systems haven't caught one of those viruses (or virii) that are circulating at the moment. They cause some strange things to happen.

Just a thought.

We already ran the anti-virus software. Do you have another idea? Thanks!

I know, that some of the worms destroy (parts) of the windows TCP/IP-Stack.
I had this problem with Win98 and dial-up-network after the virus-scan.

Ole

Delete the dial-up-network and install it again.

Ole

I removed TCP/IP protocol, started new and then re-added it. No result. When I can't even ping my router and further outside resources (I can only access network shares on our LAN), what else could the problem be? Thanks!

Maybe try posting this question to the TCP/IP forum and see if you get some useful replies.

Cheers!

HI

Whats between the Router and your workstations ???

Maybe a Hubunit or Switch !!!

If it is multiple hops to your router use tracert utility to see where the problem is.

Is tcpip working OK ie ping another workstation - first on your segment then on another segment if you have one. The share could be working using another protocol other than TCPIP.

Anyway it not a Notes issue its a TCP issue - When you sought that out your NOtes will be fine.

Regards

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back